Daily securities trading on Cambodia Stock Exchange up 332% in H1

0

The daily value of trading on the Cambodia Stock Exchange (CSX) soared in the first half of 2022, which truly reflects growing investor confidence in the local exchange, CSX chief executive Hong Sok Hour said Friday.

An average trade value rose to $870,000 per day during the January-June period this year, a 332% increase from around $201,143 per day during the same period last year, a he declared.

“There has been a growing interest in securities trading due to increased awareness of the benefits of the securities market,” he told Xinhua.

“We’ve seen more people open trading accounts at CSX, and some investors, who have trading accounts but haven’t made any trades, have started trading more often recently,” he said. added.

Sok Hour said the CSX has so far received a total of 16 listed companies, including nine stock companies and seven corporate bond companies, raising a total capital of more than $280 million.

To date, some 31,000 investors have opened CSX trading accounts, he said, adding that around 10% of them are foreign investors.

Launched in 2012, the CSX is a joint venture between the Cambodian government holding 55% of the shares and the Korean stock exchange holding the remaining 45%. Xinhua

  • Key words: CSX, daily market value
Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.